Spearfish School District 40-2
SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT WEB PAGE ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION
The purpose of this administrative regulation is to define the intended objectives of the Spearfish School District website for Spearfish School District employees. This regulation applies to all Spearfish School District employees.
The Spearfish School District has developed and operates the following web site, www.spearfish.k12.sd.us with the following objectives:
* To provide general information on the Spearfish School District.
* To use technology as a tool to enhance curriculum, instruction and assessment, K-12.
* To utilize technology in communicating among schools, libraries and town departments, and with the greater community.
1. Access to, and maintenance of, the Spearfish School District web site will be exclusively controlled by the District Technology Coordinator or designated committee, without prior notice and in a manner consistent with the policies and administrative regulations adopted by the Spearfish School District. There should be no expectation of privacy for any content stored or displayed on the Spearfish School District web site.
2. Personal student details (including addresses and phone numbers) shall not be placed on the Spearfish School District website. Student pictures and names may be placed on the Spearfish School District website unless requested by parents or eligible students not to do so. It is the responsibility of those persons adding information to individual school web sites to conform to individual parental or eligible student guidelines regarding use of student information. Staff members may post their own personal information on the Spearfish School District website, but must have written permission prior to posting anyone else's personal information.
3. The District Technology Coordinator reserves the right to review and to remove any information contained within the Spearfish School District web site without prior notice.
4. The Spearfish School District is not responsible for any errors or misleading/incorrect information displayed on the Spearfish School District web site.
5. The Spearfish School District web sites may not be used for commercial or political activities, nor may they be used for any purpose that is illegal, causes an unreasonable reduction of web site performance, or otherwise violates generally recognized community standards or Spearfish School District policies or administrative regulations.
6. Posting or providing access to material that violates the copyrights of others is prohibited. No copyrighted materials, including educational materials subject to copyright, may be posted anywhere on the Spearfish School District website without the written authorization of the copyright owner.
Approved February 8, 2010