Spearfish School District 40-2
BEFORE THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
OF SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT 40-2
LAWRENCE COUNTY, SOUTH DAKOTA
IN THE MATTER OF: BY REGISTERED MAIL,
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED
NOTICE OF HEARING
Spearfish, SD 57783
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on __________________, the _________ day of _____________,
2____, at _____________o'clock ___, at ________________________________________________,
Spearfish, South Dakota, a hearing will be held before the Spearfish Board of Education, Spearfish School District 40-2, Spearfish, South Dakota, for the following purpose:
The act, transaction or occurrence which is the basis of the action being proposed before the Board is as follows:
The District Policy allegedly violated by the act, transaction or occurrence described above is as follows:
In the hearing, you will have the following rights:
1. An opportunity to be heard in opposition to the proposed action and to present any evidence or testimony in opposition thereto; and
2. To have counsel or representative present, at your expense, to examine witnesses and to present evidence and testimony; and
3. To present witness(es) to testify on your behalf;
4. The opportunity to confront the witness(es) who propose or support the action to be taken; and
5. A written decision by the Board within a reasonable period of time after the conclusion of the hearing; and
6. The decision of the Board to be based solely upon the evidence presented at the hearing, to include a summary of the evidence and the reason(s) for the decision.
You are further notified that you also have the following rights:
1. The records of the student in question are available at the Business Office of Spearfish School District 40-2 for examination by the you or your authorized representative.
2. You may waive the right to a hearing.
IN CASE OF YOUR FAILURE TO APPEAR OR ANSWER it will be presumed that you consent to the action proposed to be taken.
DATED this ___________ day of __________________, 2_____.
SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT 40-2
SPEARFISH, SOUTH DAKOTA
Superintendent of Schools