Spearfish School District 40-2
RECONSIDERATION OF EDUCATIONAL/LIBRARY/RESOURCES
The Spearfish Board of Education has delegated the responsibility for selection and evaluation of educational/library resources to the curriculum committees/school library media specialists and has established reconsideration procedures to address concerns about those resources. Completion of this form is the first step in those procedures. If you wish to request reconsideration of school or library resources, please return the completed form to the appropriate building administrator of the Spearfish School District.
Do you represent: Self Organization Other
1. Resource on which you are commenting:
Book Textbook Video Magazine Library Program Newspaper
Audio Recording Electronic information/network Other (please specify)
2. What brought this resource to your attention?
3. Have you examined the entire resource?
4. What concerns you about the resource (Use other side or additional pages, if necessary)
5. Are there resource(s) you suggest to provide additional information and/or other viewpoints on this topic?
6. What are the positive points about this resource?
7. What would you like the school to do about this resource?
_____Do not assign it to my child
_____Re-evaluate the resource and reconsider its use at its present level
_____Re-evaluate the resource for appropriateness as school/library material
Please fill out this form as completely as possible.