School Board Minutes
July 10, 2006
A REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT 40-2, LAWRENCE COUNTY, SOUTH DAKOTA, WAS HELD AT THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE BUILDING ON THE 10TH DAY OF JULY, 2006. THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS WERE PRESENT: President Royer, Vice President Steen, Sleep, Aslesen, and Aaker. Administration present were: Peters, Crosswait, and Morford. Also present were: Heather Zingenbein, Sheila Hanson, Diane Krogstad, Lisa Krogstad, and Ryan Krogstad.
All motions were passed by unanimous vote unless stated otherwise.
President Royer called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
Royer led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Motion was made by Aslesen, seconded by Aaker and carried to approve the agenda.
There was no scheduled/unscheduled audience.
Motion was made by Sleep, seconded by Steen and carried to approve the laptop initiative policies.
Motion was made by Steen, seconded by Aaker and carried to approve the consent agenda with addendums.
A. Personnel (all hires contingent on successful completion of background check)
1. Approved a request from Julie Reinert for a leave of absence for the 2006-07 school year.
2. Barb Graslie, school nurse, $24.06/hr.
3. Lisa Pummel, physical therapist, ($45/hr. not to exceed $32,000 per year)
4. Richard Banton, HS Computer Science, 1 FTE, MA-0, 28 undergrad, 39 grad, = $30,477.50.
5. Shawn Kayser, Technology Support Technician, 12 months, $27,500, effective July 17th, 2006.
6. Transfer for Nancy Christopherson, District Payroll/Benefits clerk, $15.34 effective June 19th, 2006.
7. Jim Seyer, Asst. Varsity Football Coach, Level 7, $2850.
8. Resignation from Sandra Swenson, MS ESP.
9. Chad Johnson, PE/Dean of Students, 1 FTE, BS-3, 2 undergrad, 12 grad, $4500 Dean of Students = $32,602.50.
B. Approved certificates of exemption for 3 elementary students. (codes: 006-0710-001 - 006-0710-003.
Steve Morford, High School Principal, provided an update on the preparation for the laptop initiative.
Superintendent, Dave Peters, discussed the upcoming ASBSD delegate assembly. The Board’s representative will be Rosalie Aslesen.
Dave Peters also discussed the ASBSD communications effectiveness audit that will be sent to all board presidents and superintendents for completion.
Superintendent Peters supplied information concerning a recent biomass feasibility study to examine the possibility of using wood byproducts for fuel to heat the buildings. The cost to prepare the buildings for the use of wood chips did not make their use feasible.
Motion was made by Sleep, seconded by Steen and carried to approve the June 6th, June 12th and June 26th minutes.
Motion was made by Aaker, seconded by Steen and carried to approve the bills and financial statement.
Retiring Board Member, Don Aaker, was recognized and presented with an award for his 12 years of service.
Motion was made by Aaker, seconded by Sleep and carried to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 6:10 p.m.
Dr. Randall Royer, President ________________________________________
Craig Crosswait, Business Manager ___________________________________
© 2005 Spearfish School District