School Board Minutes
July 12, 2010
THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT 40-2, LAWRENCE COUNTY, SOUTH DAKOTA, WAS HELD AT THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE BUILDING ON THE 12TH DAY OF JULY, 2010. THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS WERE PRESENT: President Randall Royer, Vice President Jeff Sleep, Dan Krogstad, Mistie Caldwell, and Dave Bressler. Administration present were: Peters, Crosswait, Morford, Olson, and Soriano. No one else was present.
All motions were passed by unanimous vote unless stated otherwise.
Business Manager Craig Crosswait called the meeting to order at 5:46 p.m.
Crosswait swore in newly reelected Board members Jeff Sleep and Dave Bressler.
Crosswait then took nominations for Board president. Sleep nominated Royer. Nominations were closed. Royer was unanimously reelected.
President Royer called for nominations for vice president. Bressler nominated Sleep. Nominations were closed. Sleep was unanimously reelected.
Motion was made by Bressler, seconded by Krogstad and carried to set the meeting date as the second Monday of the month, 5:30 p.m. as the starting time, and the rate of pay at $40 per Board meeting and $20 for committee meetings.
Motion was made by Krogstad , seconded by Sleep and carried to appoint Bressler as an official representative to the BHSSC Board and Royer as an alternate.
Motion was made by Sleep, seconded by Bressler and carried to appoint Mistie Caldwell to serve on the Spearfish Foundation for Public Education.
Motion was made by Sleep, seconded by Bressler and carried to select committee members for:
Personnel/Policy: Krogstad and Sleep
Curriculum: Royer and Caldwell
Finance: Sleep and Royer
Facilities: Bressler and Krogstad
Motion was made by Sleep, seconded by Caldwell and carried to approve the consent agenda. Roll Call: Aye: Royer, Sleep, Krogstad, Caldwell, Bressler
1. Name the Business Manager as custodian of funds.
2. Determine amount of bond for the Business Manager ($1,000,000)
3. Authorize the Business Manager to transfer and invest funds as necessary during the course of the school year
4. Appoint the Business Manager to sign all documents for the school lunch program and the trust and agency fund
5. Retain legal services for the 2010-11 school year (Lester Nies)
6. Designate Title IX Officer (Superintendent)
7. Resolution to appoint the Superintendent as district representative to sign, as agent, the federal and state grant programs and to participate
in Title I, II, and IV programs for the 2010-11 school year
8. Set admission and activity ticket rates for school activities (same as last year)
Student Grades 1 -12 - $3
Adult single - $5
Student activity ticket - $25
Senior citizen activity ticket - $5
Adult activity pass - $75
Two adult activity tickets - $125
15-punch ticket for Adults at a rate of $50
9. Set school lunch and breakfast prices (same as last year)
Lunch: K-5 - $1.85; 6-12 - $2.35; adults $2.85
Breakfast: K-5 - $1.10; 6-12 -$1.35; adults - $1.60
10. Set substitute pay for secretaries, custodians, cooks and ESP’s - $8/hour
11. Set substitute teacher pay ($80/day, $125/day long-term substitute)
12. Select official newspaper (Black Hills Pioneer)
Motion was made by Caldwell, seconded by Krogstad and carried to adjourn the meeting. 6:00 p.m.
Randall Royer, President ___________________________________
Craig Crosswait, Business Manager ___________________________________
© 2005 Spearfish School District