School Board Minutes
July 11, 2011
THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF SPEARFISH SCHOOL DISTRICT 40-2, LAWRENCE COUNTY, SOUTH DAKOTA, WAS HELD AT THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE BUILDING ON THE 11TH DAY OF JULY, 2011. THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS WERE PRESENT: Vice President Jeff Sleep, Dan Krogstad, Mistie Caldwell, and Dave Bressler. Administrators present were: Peters, Crosswait, Comer, Morford, Olson, and Soriano. No one else was present.
All motions were passed by unanimous vote unless stated otherwise.
Business Manager Craig Crosswait called the meeting to order at 5:58 p.m.
Crosswait took nominations for Board President. Bressler nominated Royer. Nominations were closed. Royer was unanimously reelected.
Crosswait then took nominations for Board Vice President. Krogstad nominated Sleep. Nominations were closed. Sleep was unanimously reelected.
Motion was made by Bressler, seconded by Caldwell and carried to set the meeting date as the second Monday of the month, 5:30 p.m. as the starting time, and the rate of pay at $40 per Board meeting and $20 for committee meetings.
Motion was made by Caldwell, seconded by Krogstad and carried to appoint Dave Bressler as an official representative to the BHSSC Board.
Motion was made by Krogstad, seconded by Bressler and carried to appoint Mistie Caldwell to serve on the Spearfish Foundation for Public Education.
Motion was made by Bressler, seconded by Caldwell and carried to table the selections of committee members until the August meeting.
Motion was made by Caldwell, seconded by Bressler and carried to approve the consent agenda. Roll Call: Aye: Sleep, Krogstad, Caldwell, Bressler
1. Name the Business Manager as custodian of funds.
2. Determine amount of bond for the Business Manager ($1,000,000)
3. Authorize the Business Manager to transfer and invest funds as necessary during the course of the school year
4. Appoint the Business Manager to sign all documents for the school lunch program and the trust and agency fund
5. Retain legal services for the 2011-12 school year (Lester Nies)
6. Designate Title IX Officer (Superintendent)
7. Resolution to appoint the Superintendent as district representative to sign, as agent, the federal and state grant programs and to participate in Title I and II programs for the 2011-12 school year
8. Set admission and activity ticket rates for school activities (same as last year)
Student Grades 1 -12 - $3
Adult single - $5
Student activity ticket - $25
Senior citizen activity ticket - $5
Adult activity pass - $75
Two adult activity tickets - $125
15-punch ticket for Adults at a rate of $50
9. Set school lunch and breakfast prices.
Lunch: K-5 - $1.90; 6-12 - $2.40; adults $2.90 five cent increase mandated by USDA
Breakfast: K-5 - $1.10; 6-12 -$1.35; adults - $1.60
10. Set substitute pay for secretaries, custodians, cooks and ESP’s - $8/hour
11. Set substitute teacher pay ($80/day, $125/day long-term substitute)
12. Select official newspaper (Black Hills Pioneer)
Motion was made by Krogstad, seconded by Bressler and carried to adjourn the meeting. 6:06 p.m.
Randall Royer, President ___________________________________
Craig Crosswait, Business Manager ___________________________________
© 2005 Spearfish School District