Queen City Classic Basketball
Rules and Regulations
1. All games will be played with two 20 minute halves, 4 minute half times (may be shortened
to keep games on schedule), two 1 minute timeouts per half. Overtimes are 2 minutes with 1 additional timeout. After 2 overtime periods and the score is still tied the game will go to "sudden death". The clock will stop on timeouts and the last 2 minutes of the second half.
2. For divisions 6th grade and younger a team may only full court press the final two minutes of
the second half and if the score is within 15 points, if the score is greater than 15 points neither team may press.
3. Each team will provide basketballs to warm-up with and the best ball as determined by the
referees will be used as a game ball. Intermediate basketball will be used by all girls’ teams
and for boys 4th through 8th grade teams.
4. Zone defenses are not allowed for divisions 6th grade and younger.
5. The three point shot will only be in effect on courts that have the markings. There will be no
three point shots awarded at the Middle School.
6. All unsportsmanlike technical fouls and intentional fouls will result in the automatic awarding
of two points plus the ball out-of-bounds.
7. All other South Dakota high school rules will apply.
8. Home team provides a person to keep the official scorebook and the visitor team provides a
timekeeper. (Home team is the bottom team in the bracket.)
9. Officials will be assigned to the games.
10. A team not ready to play 10 minutes after the scheduled game time will result in a forfeit. All
teams must start the game with 5 players. No game will start early. A forfeit will be counted as a guaranteed complete game.
11. Only paid teams will be considered registered at time of committee draw meeting.
12. No boys will be allowed to play in the girl's tournament and no girls will be allowed to play
in the boy's tournament.
13. Players must compete in their own classification, with the exception of younger players, who
may participate in older divisions.
14. All teams should have two distinct colored jerseys. Reversible jerseys are preferred.
15. A player can only play on one team in the tournament.