SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID
BEWARE OF SCHOLARSHIP SCAMS
SIGNS OF A SCAM
1. This scholarship is guaranteed or your money returned.
(Nobody else can fill out the personal info forms, write
the essay and supply references that many
2. The scholarship is guaranteed or your money returned!
- No service can guarantee that it will get you a scholarship
3. The scholarship will cost you some money.
- Before you send money to apply for a scholarship,
investigate the sponsor.
4. You can't get this information anywhere else.
- Scholarship directories are available in any large bookstore,
public library, internet or high school guidance office.
5. You are a finalist or you have been selected by a national foundation
to receive a scholarship.
- Most legitimate scholarship programs don't seek out applications.
6. The scholarship service needs your credit or checking account
number in advance.
- Never provide your credit card or bank account number
over the phone to the representative or an organization
that you don't know.