Questions About Housing
Each school has different requirements for student housing. Some schools require the housing application and
deposits with the initial application and others want the housing application after acceptance to the college has
been received. Read carefully the section in the college admissions information that lists the requirements along
with all of the information you receive in the mail regarding housing. Observing deadlines is important!
The earlier you return the application, the more likely you will be able to receive the type of housing you
- What is the housing application and when should it be sent?
- Is a deposit required? Is it refundable?
- Are freshman required to live in the residence halls?
- How are roommates assigned? If I have a friend that I want to live with, how do we get assigned the same room?
- Are single rooms available?
- Are rooms fully furnished or do you need to bring thins? Can we bunk or loft our beds? Can I have a microwave
or computer in my room?
- What are the room visitation guidelines?
- What is the location of housing in relation to classrooms?
- Are there co-ed wings? Co-ed floors? Co-ed rooms?
- What percentage of students live on campus?
- Does a housing shortage exist?
- Are tutors available in the residence halls?
- Where is the cafeteria located?
- Are there charges for phone hook-ups?
- What kind of social programs are available in the residence halls?